Mission Statement and Vision
It is the mission of Custodial Services to provide safe, clean, sanitary, and organized interior spaces that lend themselves to a positive learning environment. This is a large task that requires careful scheduling and planning. The Custodial Staff at Hempfield Area School District maintain 9 campuses which add up to over 1,000,000 million square feet of space. Their staff of about 47 people works around the clock and weekends maintaining buildings as well as setting up for many events for athletics, internal, and external organizations throughout the year.
The mission of the Custodial Department is to support the overall mission and values of Hempfield Area School District a SAFE, CLEAN, SANITARY, FUNCTIONAL ENVIRONMENTS. In conjunction with this commitment, we offer the following Quality Assurance Guidelines:
Customer satisfaction is the focus of everything we provide. To achieve customer satisfaction, the quality of our services must be our number one priority. As our services are viewed, so are we.
The conduct of our department must be pursued in a manner that is socially responsible and commands respect for its positive contribution to the HASD school campuses . Our people determine our reputation. They are the source of our strength and they demonstrate our vitality.
If you have comments or suggestions as to how we can improve our Custodial efforts, please do not hesitate to let us know.
HASD Custodial Cleaning Protocol (Covid 19)
Hempfield Area School District Cleaning Protocol
- Every school goes through a cleaning every evening after the school day when teachers and students are gone from the buildings. Classrooms, restrooms, cafeterias, locker rooms, hallways are then cleaned and readied for the next day use. See Guide example and other information on this website HASD CLEANING INFORMATION
- Dwell time is important in cleaning to have the complete effectiveness of the disinfectant and other cleaning chemicals. All staff is trained on the dwell time recommendations of each cleaning chemical used.
- All of our disinfecting chemicals are hospital grade to kill germs and viruses including (Covid 19).
- During the day if the 1st shift & Head Custodians are doing restroom checks and cleaning. When a custodian is called for sickness they will deep clean all areas that were affected by the sick person i.e. classroom, restroom, hallway, locker, & nurses office. Upon completion they will follow up with an added measure of deep cleaning with our Victory Disinfectant Sprayer.
- We technically deep clean every day all school classrooms, restrooms, touch areas are disinfected everyday with either NCL #8 Disinfectant or Green Klean Disinfectant. They will be delivered to the surface by either a Victory sprayer or bottle sprayer.
There are times that we will do a “Focus deep clean” . This may be a focus on a specific classroom, grade level section when notified by a school nurse, principal of a classroom or grade level that is experiencing a noticed increase of absenteeism or nurse office visits. We will ask teachers to remove papers from their desks and other areas so that we can disinfect as many areas as possible. Change out Univent filter as possible. Area carpets in the classroom will be cleaned and disinfected.
- We use hospital standards, microfiber technology and the towel fold method ( and we never re-dip into cleaning chemical buckets to avoid contamination.)
- Dwell time is important when cleaning. You cannot simply spray and wipe!
- Ours and most spray bottle cleaning solutions when sprayed onto surfaces must sit & dwell for 7 to 10 minutes before wiping to kill viruses and germs.
- With our Victory sprayers or spray bottles filled with Green Klean disinfectant concentrate solution that kills 99.9% of the viruses including - Covid 19, along with other germs in 2 minutes and does not require wipe off.
New Challenges same dedication - (Print Resources for schools and community settings)
CDC / PDE Guidelines are being followed
With heightened cleaning and distancing practices, we're taking extra care to make sure every person is safe in every one of our schools.
New challenges. Same dedication.
The coronavirus pandemic caused a lot of us to feel nervous and vulnerable. At HASD, we're committed to heightened disinfecting and protection measures so you can know you're safe at our schools and classrooms.
Visual distancing markers and set-up
We will put reminders up so you know where to wait or stand, classrooms and other school areas will be arranged also to make sure you're practicing proper social distancing with other students and staff.
PDE GUIDELINES June 2020
WHAT TO DO IF YOU ARE SICK PRINT OUT
HOW TO PROTECT YOURSELF AND OTHER PRINT OUT
STOP THE SPREAD OF GERMS PRINT OUT
SYMPTOMS OF COVID 19 VIRUS PRINT OUT
PROTECT YOURSELF IN A PUBLIC SETTING PRINT OUT
FACE COVERINGS PRINT OUT
STAY HOME WHEN YOU ARE SICK PRINT OUT
IF YOU ARE AT RISK WHAT CAN YOU DO PRINT OUT
HASD CLEANING INFORMATION