U.S. Selective Service System Registration Information
According to law, a man must register with Selective Service within 30 days of his 18th birthday. Selective Service accepts late registrations up until a man reaches his 26th birthday.
Failure to register is a felony and non-registrants may be denied the following benefits for life:
● State-based student loans and grant programs in 31 states
● Federal job training under the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (formerly Workforce
● Federal (and many state and local) jobs
● Up to a 5-year delay of U.S. citizenship proceedings for immigrants
Registering does not lead to enlisting in the armed forces.
If you or someone you know qualifies for registration, please begin this process as soon as possible. The following links can be used for registration purposes. These links can also be found within the pdf files below as well as further information.
How to Register:
- Online registration: https://www.sss.gov/register/
- Downloadable mail-in form: https://www.sss.gov/forms/
- In-person at any U.S. Post Office