Pre-Student, Student Teacher and Guidance Counselor Internship/Practicum Placement Requests
Elementary Education (K-5) and Secondary (6-12)
If you would like to place a student teacher, intern, or practicum student in the Hempfield Area School District, please provide the following:
· A letter of request on university letterhead
· The time frame (start and end dates) of the placement
· The guidelines for the responsibilities of the student and the cooperating teacher
· All clearances (Act 34, Act 151, Act 114, and TB Test/Health Statement) MUST be turned in to the Elementary or Secondary Education Office (located in the Administration Office Building) two weeks PRIOR to the student’s start date.
· Arrest/Conviction Report from PDE 6004
Once clearances are received, the student must report to the Administration Office to acquire a name badge to wear at all times in the building. Name badges MUST be returned when the student’s placement is completed.
If you have additional questions, please contact:
Dr. Matthew Conner
Dr. Mark Gross