Cyber Program Overview: Grades K-6
The Hempfield Area School District offers a K-6 synchronous cyber option for students.
Our cyber learning option for Kindergarten through Sixth grade students. It is a consortium that includes Hempfield Area, Kiski Area, Burrell and New Kensington School Districts.
- One teacher dedicated to each classroom
- Standards aligned curriculum delivered in a synchronous (live) format
- Whole group and small group instruction
- Area specialist activities provided
- Availability of district resources
- Students will utilize a robust learning management system designed for online learning
- Curriculum aligned to standards for each grade level
- Students will have the opportunity to engage with peers of the same age from several districts
Students will be given textbooks, materials, manipulative, online resources, and Chromebooks (if requested).
Parents will receive notifications and progress reports. Parents are an important part of cyber education and will be treated as team members throughout the entire process.
For more information, please contact:
Dr. Kimberlie Rieffannacht
Assistant Superintendent for Elementary Education