· Annual vision screening on all students K - 12
· Annual height and weight screening on all students K - 12
· Hearing screening in grades K, 1, 2, 3, 7 and 11 and other students as necessary.
· Scoliosis screening in grade 6 and 7.
· Tuberculosis screening procedure at the discretion of the PA Department of Health.
· Assist the school physician with school physical examination screenings in grade K/1, 6 and 11.· Assist the school dentist with school dental examination screenings in grade K/1, 3 and 7.
The School Nurse assists the school physician with athletic physical examinations. Athletic physical examinations are required for each sport and must be done no earlier than six weeks prior to the start of each sport. Athletic physical examinations for fall sports must be done no earlier than June 1.
* In all instances, parents will be notified of any abnormal findings obtained through
the various screening/examination program.